Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The textbooks (so far)

So, on a whim, I purchased three books on writing.

Two contain exercises and inspirations.

The Pocket Muse Ideas and Inspiration for Writing by Monica Wood
Naming the World and other Exercises for the Creative Writer edited by Bret Anthony Johnston

The other is more autobiographical and about the writing process.

On Writing by Stephen King

The book by Stephen King, I am mainly going to read for my own enjoyment. It was suggested to me a long time ago, but I just have never gotten around to reading it, or have not thought to check it out when I was on a hunt for a new book to read.

The first two I am planning on using as rough guides in our expedition into creativity and creative writing.

If you have any ideas about other books, or strong opinions about these. please share them with me. I only purchased these with the briefest of a flip-through and am always excited about learning about new good books.

So until I hear back, I will wait on the first writing assignment...

1 comment:

chw said...

hey - add a comment section on the fun words page in case i think of a fun word =)